Not only is Saldanha Pilchards one of the most affordable sources of protein in South Africa, but it’s also filled to the brim with other nutrients.
Saldanha Pilchards promotes health in a number of ways:
Supports cardiovascular health and healthy artery walls.
Raises good cholesterol whilst lowering bad cholesterol.
Good Mental Health
- Plays an important role in mood stabilisation, learning abilities, concentration and memory.
- Helps prevent a number of neurological disorders.
Strong & Healthy Bones and Muscles
- Builds healthy bones.
- Promotes bone health through increasing calcium absorption.
- Fights against osteoporosis.
- Prevents unwanted inflammation.
- Helps regulate and stabilise the balance of collagen and minerals in bones and surrounding tissue.
- Builds and maintains muscle mass.
- May speed up the recovery of certain sport-related injuries and improve healing of ligament injuries.
- Protects against Macular Degeneration (the leading cause of blindness in people of 50+).
- Reduces risk of dry eye syndrome.
- Regulates cell activity and plays a key role in the prevention of certain types of cancer.
- Reduces the risk for strokes.
- Powerful antioxidant.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Supports proper nervous system functioning.
- Promotes healthy immune system.
- Promotes the transport of oxygen and nutrients throughout our bodies.
- Plays a role in energy metabolism, converting food into energy.
- Promotes healthy pregnancy.
- Controls weight and diabetes.
- Helps oxygenate your tissue, leading to improved skin tone and colour, healthy hair and nails.
- Locks moisture into skin cells.
- Promotes youthful looking skin.
- Alleviates skin blemishes.
- Maintains good hair lustre and nourishes hair follicles.
- Helps healthy hair growth whilst preventing hair loss.