Sardines are well known for their high calcium content; containing about the same as two glasses of milk. Some other health benefits include:
- Supports cardiovascular health and healthy artery walls.
- Raises good cholesterol while lowering the bad one.
- Reduces risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Helps prevent blood clots.
- Reduces risk for cardiovascular disease.
Good Mental Health
- Plays an important role in mood stabilisation, learning abilities, concentration and memory.
- Helps prevent a number of neurological disorders.
Strong & Healthy Bones and Muscles
- Builds healthy bones.
- Promotes bone health through increasing calcium absorption.
- Fights against osteoporosis.
- Prevents unwanted inflammation.
- Helps regulate and stabilise the balance of collagen and minerals in bones and surrounding tissue.
- Builds and maintains muscle mass.
- May speed up the recovery of certain sport-related injuries and improve healing of ligament injuries.
- Protects against Macular Degeneration (the leading cause of blindness in people of 50+).
- Reduces risk of dry eye syndrome.
- Regulates cell activity and plays a key role in the prevention of certain types of cancer.
- Reduces the risk for strokes.
- Powerful antioxidant.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Supports proper nervous system functioning.
- Promotes healthy immune system.
- Promotes the transport of oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
- Plays a role in energy metabolism, converting food into energy.
- Promotes healthy pregnancy.
- Controls weight and diabetes.
- Helps oxygenate your tissue, leading to improved skin tone and colour, healthy hair and nails.
- Locks moisture into skin cells.
- Promotes youthful looking skin.
- Alleviates skin blemishes.
- Maintains good hair lustre and nourishes hair follicles.
- Promotes healthy hair growth whilst preventing hair loss.